Online and Mobile Banking Safeguards
Make sure your computer is protected with appropriate antivirus software that includes anti-malware software and make sure you are running up-to-date versions and continually getting updates. When logging into our online banking, verify that you see your unique image and paraphrase that you chose to ensure you are on our website.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MONROE FEDERAL WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU BY PHONE OR EMAIL AND REQUEST YOUR LOGIN USER ID AND PASSWORD.
Mobile Banking Safeguards
Treat your mobile device just like you would your computer. Use the following tips to protect your information:
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you are not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Log out completely when you complete a mobile banking session.
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you change your phone number or lose you mobile device, let your financial institution know right away.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to your financial institution immediately.
Commercial Online Customers
Please be aware that it is imperative for you to perform periodic control evaluations of your employees’ access to online banking. You should also perform a related risk assessment to evaluate your vulnerabilities for unauthorized online transfers.
If you notice suspicious account activity or experience customer information security-related events contact us immediately by calling 937-667-8461 or after hours 866-305-3618.