Online and Mobile Banking Safeguards
- Protect your computer and your smart phone from viruses and malware with appropriate security software and make sure you are running up-to-date versions and continually getting updates on all of your devices and apps.
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your devices.
- Password protect your devices and lock them when not in use.
- Never click on links sent to you via email or text.
- Only use your saved bookmark; go to www.monroefederal.com; or use the MF app to sign into online banking.
- Log out completely when you complete a banking session.
- Use separate credentials for online banking than any other online site or portal. Also,use separate credentials for your personal email than any other online site or portal.
- Change passwords periodically for online banking and your personal email.
- Be aware of suspicious phone calls and emails. For example: Financial Institution Fraud Department calling, Amazon calling, Computer performance boosters or tech, etc.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to your financial institution immediately.
- Secure your home WiFi and be cautious using public Wifi and what transactions you do on your devices via a public Wifi.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Use discretion when downloading apps and allowing apps access to your personal information on your device.
- If you change your phone number or lose you mobile device, let your financial institution know right away.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MONROE FEDERAL WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU BY PHONE OR EMAIL AND REQUEST YOUR LOGIN USER ID AND PASSWORD.
Commercial Online Customers
Please be aware that it is imperative for you to perform periodic control evaluations of your employees’ access to online banking. You should also perform a related risk assessment to evaluate your vulnerabilities for unauthorized online transfers.
If you notice suspicious account activity or experience customer information security-related events contact us immediately by calling 937-667-8461 or after hours 866-305-3618.